Queensland is open for business and leisure!
Queensland is open for business from midday today!
From midday today Monday 1st June 2020, Stage Two of the Roadmap to easing restrictions will allow:
- Unlimited travel and overnight stays for Queenslanders across all of Queensland (no km limit).
- Recreational travel, camping and accommodation including caravan parks.
- Tourism experiences for 20 people - more if following the approved Industry COVID Safe Plan (Tourism and Events decision tree attached).
- Dining in or seated drinks in restaurants, cafes, pubs, registered or licensed clubs, RSL Clubs, hotels and casinos (no gaming) for up to 20 patrons per room or defined area.
Restaurants/Cafes as well as Beauty Therapists/Nail Salons must complete and publicly display their Covid safe Checklist to operate:
- COVID safe checklist for Restaurants and Cafes etc. (pdf attached – please print)
- COVID safe checklist for Beauty Therapists and Nail Salons
Please note that Tourism businesses do not require a COVID safe plan in place to open today and accept up to 20 patrons, subject to the 1 person per 4 square metre rule based on usable floor space.
The Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation (DSDTI) has developed this simple Tourism Events Decision Tree to understand when you can operate, with how many patrons, and what documentation you need to have in place.
If a business wishes to have more than 20 patrons they will need their own COVID safe plan in place – you do not need to write your own from scratch – you can implement the relevant industry plan/template, which will be approved by Queensland Health by this Friday 5th June.
There will be three main industry Covid safe plans for:
- Accommodation and Experiences (CLICK HERE to see the draft industry plan developed by QTIC)
Thank you to Capricorn Enterprise for collating this information.
- Pubs and Clubs