Nominate someone great in Tanby in the 2022 Australia Day Awards!
Do you know an amazing Aussie who deserves recognition? Now is the time to celebrate those who make our region a better place.
Each year, Livingstone Shire celebrates the achievements and contributions of outstanding members of our community through the Australia Day Awards.
Livingstone Shire Council is encouraging residents to recognise those individuals, organisations, and groups in our community who show what it means to be truly Australian – working hard, giving back, and showing pride in support of their community.
These people are truly one of a kind and it is time to shine a spotlight on them.
Nominations are now being accepted across five categories; Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year, Community Group Service Award, Living Legend Award, and the Public Service Award.
Australia Day Award’s Committee Chair, Councillor Adam Belot, said that the past year has been a challenging one for everyone but it has demonstrated the great community spirit that makes our Shire great.
“The Livingstone Shire Council’s Australia Day Awards are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the achievements and contributions of outstanding individuals who are role models for us all,” Cr Belot said.
“These awards are an opportunity to shine the spotlight on those community members who have led by example, going above and beyond to ensure that our community remains a great place to live.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to share the many stories of people who we know, whether it be our workmate, neighbour, or community group and let them know we appreciate them for their selfless contribution and hard work to make our community a better place.
“Australia Day is a truly significant day. It is a day of opportunity to reflect on our Nation’s past and dream of our Nation’s future. A day to acknowledge our shared history and a day to cherish the good things in our lives that have come from our shared history.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Citizen of the Year: Recognising those who have made a valuable contribution to the betterment of our Shire in 2020
- Young Citizen of the Year: Recognising young people (18 years or Younger) who have made a valuable contribution to the betterment of our Shire in 2020
- Community Group Service Award: Recognising those community groups who have made a worthy contribution to the community or enhanced social interaction within the community in 2020
- Living Legend Award: Recognising the life time achievements of individuals and how they have contributed to the community, to the betterment of the Livingstone Shire throughout the years
- Outstanding Service to the Public Sector Award: Recognising the significant contribution that public servants play in the life of our community and the nation.
Nominations close on Friday, 3 December 2021. For more information or to nominate go to https://www.livingstone.qld.gov.au/homepage/100/australia-day-awards or phone 4913 5000 for assistance.